Over 500 operators from 10 international companies use the ERABLE International Smart Planning tool.
Optimise investments and management of the electricity system by using advanced technologies, analytics, and data-driven decision-making. Smart planning aims to ensure that the power grid is able to meet the changing demands of electricity consumers in a reliable, efficient, and sustainable way. Some key elements include:
- Assets securing, short to long term, as a distribution operator
- Load balancing: using data to understand and influence electricity consumption patterns, and develop strategies to shift demand to when it is more cost-effective
- Renewable energy and Electric Vehicles integration: smart planning can help utilities optimise system operation. By using these approaches, utilities can implement smart planning strategies to improve the reliability, efficiency, and sustainability of the power grid.
Provide a customer tailored program based on the analysis of the load forecast study. Our experts draw up investment plans with an international technical-economic approach. In addition, we can update customer’s technical doctrine and transfer EDF’s know-how to our client.
Our Smart Planning services include:
- A Master Plan: helps to meet our clients’ network growth objectives, through security, supply quality and loss optimisation.
- A Contingency Plan: global asset analysis, urgent/critical investment assessment to restore supply standards. This plan helps to effectively solve network crises highly valuable for the DSO.
- Smart Planning Tool: network-planning software with innovative functions such as the integration of renewables and electric vehicles’ impact, technical-economic studies and geographic restitutions.
- Connection Studies: allow DSOs to assess grid capacity and pilot the impact of new connections (renewables, electric vehicles, sensitive industrial clients, etc.)
Benefits of Smart Planning for Distribution Network Operators
- Precise knowledge of loads flow and forecast
- Network- independent studies with transfer of know-how
- Improvement of supply quality
- Investment optimisation / CAPEX efficiency
- Strong improvement in network performance